The Purpose of the Youth Ministry
1. To teach youth and children the word of God.
2. To inspire youth and children and motivate them to be Christian leaders.
3. To help youth and children establish a relationship with God.
Chairperson and Contact Information
1. Chan Tay Smith, co-chair of the Youth Ministry (601-942-3329)
2. Charolette Portis, co-chair of the Youth Ministry (601-527-1496)
3. Verdia King, director of the Children’s Ministry (601-918-5937)
4. Tiffany Lindsey, director of the Mime Ministry (601-398-6980)
Meeting Days and Rehearsals
1. Youth and Children Ministry - Wednesday @ 6:oo p.m.
2. Girls Dance Team – Wednesday and Friday @ 5:30 p.m.
3. Mime Team – Monday @ 5:30 p.m., Saturday @ 10:30 a.m.
4. Choir rehearsal – Every Saturday before the third Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
1. Attend weekly bible study and church service.
2. Bring scripture to read at bible study and participate in discussion.
3. Commit to dance, mime and choir rehearsals.
4. Participate in at least three fundraising activities a year.
5. Be present at community outreach events.
Promoting the Youth Ministry
1. Volunteers to feed and sing at MS State Hospital.
2. Holds annual toy drive and sponsors a family for Christmas.
3. Hosts yearly School Supply Drive and Back to School Bash.
4. Participates in the Evergreen Senior Citizens’ Dinner.
5. Has an annual mime team anniversary.
6. Offers tutoring sessions based upon individual needs.
March Letter from the Directors
The Evergreen Youth and Children Department is so excited to have 10 new members join us. We have also doubled the number of children participating in bible study on Wednesday nights. We had eight youth attend The Gathering last month at Christ U.M.C. for two days. We are looking forward to all the blessings that God has in store for these wonderful young disciples of God.
-The Youth and Children Ministry